Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fantastic Headline

"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Cloned Dog Owner Manacled Mormon for Sex

I have two favorite lines from this article, one is, "tumbling back to the dark days of early autumn, 1977."
Those were dark days indeed, ask Robert Smith, oh, and they were especially dark if you happened to find yourself in NYC during the month of July.
But July is not really in autumn now is it?
Maybe they were passing the darkness around and only NYC took it literally.

What does it take to assemble thoughts? How do some people reason themselves into what appears to be just terrible ideas on the level of common sense and assume a positive mental outcome?
Cognitive Dissonance, sure, but there are some extraordinary cases out there.

I believe the key to solving a part of this mystery, at least for this subject, is in observing sentence structure. Take for example my second favorite line, "I loved him so much that I would ski naked down Mount Everest in the nude with a carnation up my nose if he asked me to."

You can't send me your thought for tuna, instead you have to speak it or gesture it.
If words represent thoughts, then it would be safe to speculate that we could gather information on how she assembles thoughts from this one sample of her syntax (note: there's probably something out there like this already, I just don't know what it is).

Why a carnation and where did Mount Everest come from? These are seemingly unrelated items. And why do you think she was redundant when it came to specifying what she wouldn't be wearing?
I wonder what color the carnation is?

No comments: